is the independent awarding and examination body for the distance
learning courses devised by Train2Game (T2G) whose courses are aimed at
developing skills in games design, art, testing, quality assurance and development. TIGA is
working with T2G to help address the skills shortages that hold back the
UK games industry by ensuring that the courses deliver relevant game
development skills. Under the terms of TIGA's agreement with T2G, T2G
has responsibility for:
- administering the courses and exams including marking and invigilation;
- all the relevant product, pricing, sales, marketing, development methodology and media upon which the courses are launched; and
- recruiting and appointing appropriately qualified and experienced lecturers to help deliver the courses.
- advice on the content of the T2G courses as they are developed;
- advice and input into the content of the examinations through the TIGA Examinations Committee; and
- an award - a TIGA diploma to individuals who successfully pass the exams.
There are opportunities for industry professionals from TIGA member businesses to provide guest lecturing on the T2G courses.
For more information: