TIGA GameDev Event in Sheffield
Wednesday 14 May 2014
Location: Electric Works, Sheffield Digital Campus, Sheffield S1 2BJ
Timings: 3.00pm - 9.30pm
Sheffield GameDev Event - Part of the TIGA Games Tax Relief Tour
Benefits of attending GameDev event:
- Learn about how you can successfully apply for and claim Games Tax Relief
- Give you a chance to play games from local companies and students
- Hear from the developers behind games such as Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed, BigFest and Strangers Wrath
- Free drinks, food & networking
Games Tax Relief Speakers:
- Jackie Mccomish, Creative Industries Unit, HMRC
- Richard Heap, Partner, Kingston Smith LLP
- Richard Wilson, CEO of TIGA
Practical advice provided on this area will include:
- Which development costs will be eligible for GTR?
- What kinds of businesses can claim Games Tax Relief?
- How much can games companies claim back, in the event of a profit, or a loss?
- How does the cultural test actually work?
- Examples of games that would pass the cultural test.
- What business models are best suited to GTR?
- How GTR will affect smaller games businesses?
- What should those developers looking to take advantage of GTR do next?
- How will GTR affect existing measures such as R&D tax credits and the patent box?
What is the evening session about?
- We have a fantastic panel including a mix of local studios: Sumo Digital, games studio behind Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed and Split/Second: Velocity.
- Steel Minions Games Studio who are working on games such as Bounceback Minis and Zool Planets
- On The Metal who are working on BigFest for SCEE XDev
- Just Add Water Developments who are working on Strangers Wrath
- Sumo Digital, On The Metal and Just Add Water Developments showcasing
Full line-up of panellists/speakers here.
Free to attend & you can register here.