Games Meet Films
TIGA held the 'Games Meet Film' event at Pinewood Studios on 16th February.
The event was hosted by Dennis Weinreich MD of Film and TV Post Production at Pinewood Studios Group and included a panel discussion, Q&A and networking. The event focused on audio production for games and films and discussed what the two industries can learn from each other and the challenges involved in 'crossing over'.
The panelists were:
- Nigel Bennett, Re-recording Mixer / Post Production Operations Manager, Pinewood
- Brendan Nicholson, Re-recording Mixer, Pinewood
- Glen Gathard, Mixer/editor, Pinewood
- Mike Wabro, Sound Designer, Reelsound
- Alex Joseph, Freelance Sound Designer
- Richard Jacques, celebrated composer
- James Hannigan, celebrated composer
- Jerry Ibbotson, Creative Manager, Media Mill
- Jon Vincent, Audio Director, Ubisoft
- Dan Bardino, Creative Services Manager, Sony
Close to 100 people attended the event, including audio leads and directors from Jagex, Sony, Relentless Software, Blitz Games Studios and Zoe Mode; academics; media and audio directors from the film industry. To see a full list of the attendees click here.
If you would like to contact Pinewood Studios or panelists please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This was a Creative Industry Switch event by TIGA & NESTA.
- 00:00 - Why are we here?
- 02:00 - Pinewood Studios Promo
- 06:46 - Panel Introductions
- 10:00 - Games Audio Workflow
- 14:45 - Film Audio Workflow
- 30:10 - How Games make car sound effects
- 39:45 - How Games use music - Richard Jacques
- 48:18 - Harry Potter - blowing up a piano example
- 53:00 - Slumdog Millionaire - creating emotion with sound
- 66:45 - Film - old school rules still apply