One of the key competitive advantages of the UK game development sector is the quality of its workforce. UK game developers typically employ highly qualified, experienced and creative people. As part of our campaign to transform the UK into the best place in the world to do games business, TIGA executes three roles to play in respect of education and skills.
1. Research and benchmarking: TIGA collects quality information to enable its membership to benchmark their investment in workforce development and to compare their staff's qualification attainment levels and pay and benefit packages with other games businesses.
2. Address skill shortages and workforce development: TIGA works to reduce skill shortages and to promote workforce development, partly by working with Train2Game (T2G) and partly by working with TIGA's college and university members. TIGA additionally works to strengthen links between games developers and higher education.
3. Advance our education and skills agenda: TIGA campaigns for higher education to be adequately funded, for a greater supply of good quality graduates and for stronger industry/academia links.
TIGA have around 30 education members from across the UK.
Universities and colleges benefit from the following services as TIGA members:
- Profile raising - education providers can advertise their organisation and their courses on TIGA's website
- TIGA Matching Service - TIGA connects industry practitioners with colleges and universities to work as guest lecturers.
- Networking - TIGA's networking events create opportunities for universities and colleges to meet game developers.
- PR - TIGA's PR team will write a press release announcing your new membership. This will be distributed to key games industry trade press including (Develop, Gamasutra and Gamesindustry.biz) as well as to TIGA members and other key partners.
- Free advertisement in the TIGA Careers Guide - TIGA member universities and colleges receive a free advertisement in the TIGA careers guide for students, graduates and anyone looking to enter the industry. The guide is distributed to media and posted on the TIGA website for purchase.
- A champion in political circles - TIGA works to influence education and skills policy at the highest level. TIGA also produces education and skills policy papers. Speak to the TIGA team if you would like to become involved in public affairs policy.
Join today or to ask any questions call Vanessa Joyce on 0845 468 2330 or email email@example.com.